- This was a project of finishing entry doors on local office complex.
As seen in picture on right was unfinished look of the entry doors
- First step was cleaning doors with denatured alcohol to remove any marks , finger prints smudges from installing
- nect step was to apply a pre stain conditioner to doors( most people never ever do this step, this helps too keep any blotches from showing in wood after staining.)
- next step was to apply an ebony stain( test to get desired darkness you want)then wipe off any excess with clean cloth
- tge next day I applied an sanding sealer to stained areas( protects stain and also gives ability to sand without removing stain ,, also helps for poly top coats to lay down more evenly
- after that has dried I lightly sanded and apply poly of your choice.. on these doors I used a brand called sikkens,, oil based poly .. this brand has high u.v. Protection for Florida climate ..
- final step was too lightly sand again and apply a second coat of poly (of your choice)..
- thanks for looking Amy questions please ask