- Hello and welcome to my painting tips.Today I will show you a simple little trick to help cut in a straight line on your walls to a ceiling .With today’s houses having textured finishes on both the walls and ceilings , sometimes to get a nice straight line is not that easy.The project here both surfaces have an orange peel finish , so what happens is the textured is also along your corners which makes it difficult ,
- Ok first thing is too make sure you do have a good quality angled brush .
- Next is the tool you will need for my little trick.a five n one painters tool/scraper/putty knife.
- something like this one shown.
- next thing you do I will show in a video below,is you slightly angle knife into ceiling and run knife edge gently(not to hard or you will cut tape joint )along the wall and ceiling edge
As you can see slight angle into ceiling which makes just enough of a channel .
- next video I’ll show how brushing into your knifed line.
- As you can see making the straight line now is a much simpler task,just take your time, use a good brush,slight upward cut with the paint tool, not to hard,and with the paint brush just use edges of bristles into your scored line,,
- Just simple little trick, if you ever have Painting questions please ask me,.